Sunday, October 6, 2019

Penelope's Perfect Puppies

Penelope delivered 7 healthy and beautiful puppies on Saturday, September 21, 2019. There are 4 boys and 3 girls.

At 2 weeks of age, their eyes are just starting to open, and they are just learning to use their legs. It's a very cute age.

I tried to get some amazing and adorable pictures tonight, and then I discovered that my wife had plans, and my kids had homework to finish - so I was on my own! I try not to be a martyr, but when the shoe fits...

Anyway, here are some pictures of the puppies. I'll get better ones soon, I promise!!

Mr Green: He has a beautiful dark red/brown coat. It is showing straight now, but I expect it to get wavy as time goes by.



Sticking his tongue out!

Mr Red: He has some very pretty white markings on his head, paws and chest. Typically, his pink nose will darken up over the next few months, but the white should persist. He has a nice wavy coat.







Miss Black:  She has the darkest coat of the girls, and seems to be the calmest so far. It's hard to tell personalities at this age, but she seems happy to sleep in the corner while her siblings play.






Miss Orange:  Another pretty and dark coat. It should definitely be wavy.



Pay no attention to the goofy guy...
 Mr Blue (Yes, it is light blue!): He has eye-catching patches of white, and seems to be very playful.









Mr Purple: A pretty color and some more white on his nose. He was the only one who was willing to truly sit still for the photo-op.


At this point, it appears I stopped taking pictures after one good Purple one - and before I took pictures of Miss Yellow. Sorry! Penelope is now sleeping with them and they are out for the evening - as I should be too.

UPDATE: I tried to take a picture of Miss Yellow, but she was in no mood for it, so I'm going to add this picture of her snuggling with her Mommy!