Monday, May 14, 2018

Penelope Puppies (4 Days Old) 5/14/18

I don't normally bother taking pictures of new puppies until they are at least a week or more old, but I have been receiving so many requests, I caved! (The only reason not to take pictures at this age, is just that there are very few differences between the blobs of cuteness)

Anyway, enough about my issues, and more about the cuteness!

First of all, here's Penelope and her puppies - and their creative sleeping positions:

This is what happens when you are just toooo tired to roll over and be comfortable.

Snuggling up with Mommy

We have 7 puppies from this litter with Penelope and Bailey. Both Mom and Dad weigh about 45 pounds, so that is what we expect the puppies will grow to as well. These dogs will not be LARGE, but they also won't be mini. They will be big enough to run with, and yet small enough to let them onto your lap without wincing in pain.

As a reminder as you look at the pictures below, their eyes won't open for about 2 more weeks, and their legs won't support them for walking until they are about 3 weeks old.

As my own Dad would always tell me, "the girls go first," so...

Miss Purple: She has a lighter coat and very pretty white toes, and a distinguishing white marking on her forehead. It will be fun to see her get a little older, so we can see how her color goes.








Miss White: She was a little wiggle-worm. She did not want to sit still for me. I think she was about to nurse and I interrupted her.












Mr. Blue: He is one of the darkest puppies in this litter.



A little fidgety - just a little!






Mr Red: I'm running out of things to say! All of the puppies are adorable, and yet they are so young still, they all act about the same. Sorry for lack of creativity!







 


Mr. Black:







Mr. Orange: He has a little white patch on his forehead.

 









Mr. Green: last in the photo shoot, but not n our hearts!