Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Availability Update 3/31 (Tuesday)

Wow! There are a lot of people who have suddenly agreed that this is a great time to adopt a puppy. My phone and email were full yesterday with people asking questions and reserving puppies.

There are still a couple of people who are making final decisions, but as of now, all I can safely offer is 2 boys. I may have 3 boys, and maaaaybe a girl, but it's not looking good.

Obviously, I'll still be posting pictures and updates, but most of my time today will be in sorting out the chaos of yesterday. Thank you to all who asked questions - even if you did not reserve one of our puppies. I truly like answering questions and if I can help you decide what would best suit you and your family - even if that is a puppy I can't/don't offer - that is fine with me! I love seeing loving families with lovable dogs!

A question people often ask is: "Why are these particular puppies left?" It is a fair question, and it is asked whether the last couple of puppies are girls, or boys, or big, or small. We've never had a puppy that was unloved or unwanted. Often, when people select a puppy, the one they choose is the first one that runs over and plays with them.  The puppy they came to adopt, based upon the pictures and videos they saw online, was tired and sleepy, while "this one over here" is outgoing and fun-loving.

Some breeders will ONLY select for their customers and will not let families see the other puppies. These breeders mean well, but that's not my style. I like a puppy to interact with a family and see the family fall in love with a puppy. I have steered families away from "rowdy" puppies - grandparents don't need overly energetic puppies - and families with typical middle school children don't want a puppy that just wants to sleep and be cuddled.

The bottom lne is, some people grew up with girl dogs, and so that is what they want. People who grew up with boy dogs lean in that direction. People who never had dogs, or genuinely do not care, tend to select girls. That is just my anecdotally observed experience.

This all means, the "remaining" puppies are only different because they haven't been selected yet. It isn't a similar matter as me, as a kid, always being the last one chosen for teams. (I wasn't athletic!) Our puppies are all so similar, I truly believe it is hard to choose poorly.

I'll update more pictures and details soon!


Mr. Black and Miss Red
It wouldn't be polite to tell her she has a goatee.