Saturday, March 14, 2020

Updates and Pictures (3/14/20)

A lot has happened in the last couple of days. Penny and her puppies are oblivious to the sudden need for toilet paper, and how to schedule kids' weekdays. All the puppies know, is to eat and sleep - and get cuter by the day!!

We have a total of 9 puppies. Three are boys and six are girls.(My daughter is happier than my son. They ALWAYS compete on such things.) We use colored collars to identify the puppies. In all pictures going forward, the boys will have Orange, Black, and Yellow collars, and the girls will have the others.

As an aside, I am frequently asked how we "select" the colors. Except for my daughter insisting that purple is always a girl, I simply pick up the nearest puppy, and put the next collar on them. There is no secret code. Sorry.

Using these colors, we monitor the daily weight gains of each puppy. I use a spreadsheet to track the weights, because I am a geek. Unlike many litters, these puppies are all very close in weight. They all weighed between 8.5 ounces and 9.5 ounces. (That's roughly equivalent to 5-7 typical dinner spoons)

We currently have 3 reservations with deposits. I'll have more updates as the days go by, but let's see those puppies!!

Again:
BOYS: Black, Orange, Yellow
GIRLS: White, Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Gray