Monday, June 8, 2020

Any Time Now!!

Lady's 6 puppies are due today... any... minute... now... If only she was acting like she was about to deliver!! Perhaps I "cursed" myself when I kept saying that Lady "always" delivers early...

I have had some questions regarding our interest list for Lady's puppies, so here is some more info:
  • Our "List" is just an Interest List. It does NOT commit anyone to adopt one of our dogs, and I don't collect deposits until after the puppies are born.
  • Once puppies are born, I contact people from the top of the list to see if they are still interested in adopting a puppy. There are a lot of options out there, and I never blame people for choosing another option. As our retired mail carrier used to say, "It's all good!"
  • When people confirm they want to stay on the list, with plans to adopt, I request a $250 deposit which holds their position in the adoption process, and selection order.
  • The remaining balance is due at, or before, final pickup - approximately 8 weeks after puppies are born. (Based upon personal finances, some people elect to pay earlier than final pick up.)
  • Approximately 5-6 weeks after puppies are born, we will have a "selection day" and people will be able to come out and play with the available puppies and select which one will be a best fit for them. I help people select personalities, and my 11 year-old daughter (the Puppy Player) gives her own insight.
  • After the puppies are Vet-checked and ready to go (approx 8 weeks), people come and pick up their "fur baby"
If you have any questions about this process, please let me know! I'm happy to answer questions, even if it means you may choose to look elsewhere. I'm here to help!

As of today, June 8, here is the current list of people on the Interest List. The name listed, is the first name of a/the primary contact person I've been in touch with. If you prefer to be listed differently, just let me know. I've put "**" next to people who have also previously adopted one of our puppies. Although almost everyone on this list is referred to us somehow, It's fun to see people coming back again. Thanks!
  1. Janice
  2. Derek
  3. Clarence **
  4. Stephanie
  5. Jamie
  6. Alisha
  7. Alena
  8. Keri
  9. Alexandra ** (She has a wonderful story, which is why I added her after I had planned to freeze the list)
Thanks to all! I'll be in touch soon. Here are some recent pictures of Lady - and a goofy guy who looks more pregnant than she does!!

Lady loves belly rubs so much - one of us should have more discretion.

She also likes a little solitude

Enjoying the outside. Gives a little size and color perspective

Lady with a "stout" guy and Penny, our 24 pound poodle checking us out

When I got older, my hair turned gray - Lady's has turned, slightly, from a red/brown to a beautiful copper color. It is darker when her hair is longer.


Negotiating for more massages

She LOVES! to be with people - even when she's in the way. My daughter liked the distraction from doing dishes.