Monday, July 18, 2022

Are You On Our Interest List? (7/18)

A General Discussion of how I do things:

I am a little bit different than normal as a Breeder of puppies. If you have ever read some of my past postings, you know that "different" is possibly too kind of a word to describe me. I can definitely ramble with the best of them. 

I also don't collect deposits from people who would like to adopt a puppy from us - until the puppy is born. I have NO interest in holding money from people and hoping we will have a puppy for them at the expected time. I don't want to hang on to you money.

I do, however, have an "Interest List" that I use to accumulate names of people who have expressed interest to me, have been referred to me by someone, or have just tripped over this site via Google.

Once I have an opportunity to describe our process and our probable future litters, I add their name and contact info to a running list I keep. Once I know we have puppies, and I know they are healthy and growing, I begin contacting people descending from the top of the list in the order people have contacted me. 

Many times, I contact someone, and they have decided they are no longer looking for a puppy, or, maybe they found a puppy from somewhere else and decided that was the right puppy for them. All answers are ok with me.  I really just want ALL puppies to find good homes. I'll NEVER force a person into adopting one of ours. If it doesn't work out, I'll even send your deposit back!

Until I hear a "NO" or a "Not ready yet", I keep the person's name on my list in the same spot it has occupied. For example: I won't accept a deposit from #7 on my list, before I hear a final word from #2 and #3. No one "bumps up" just because they are quicker in getting back to me. 

I have had people on our list for years at a time (I'm looking at you, Pat!). They just weren't ready for a variety of reasons, and then, last year, it worked! Everyone is happy!

So, if you are wondering how to adopt one of our puppies, or just have some questions, please reach out to me at info@CuteGoldendoodles.com or the contact info on the main page/menu.

Thanks!!