Thursday, July 7, 2022

Oodles of 'Doodles Coming Soon! (7/7)

 It's official! Penny is pregnant, and she has 7 puppies in her! They are due in the next few days.

"But wait!", you say, "I thought you said last year's litter would be Penny's final litter!!! What's going on?"

This is a valid question and possible concern. Being a transparent person - some people call me "shallow" - I like to address topics up front.  We do NOT run a puppy breeding mill, and we take the health and safety of all of our dogs and puppies VERY seriously! 

We work closely with a very reputable, local Veterinarian office that specializes in canine reproduction.  The same day they told us our Terra, a Bernese Mountain Dog, was NOT pregnant, we noticed Penny starting her heat cycle. 

I took Penny in to the Vet for a check up and told the Dr. the whole story, including my core belief that, "I like most dogs more than most people." (Sorry) The Dr. assured me there would be no harm done to Penny with one final litter, and that she was very healthy and strong. So, we decided to go forward.

Due to availability, we had to find a new "dad" for Penny's litter. We found a wonderful, playful, and loving boy named "Charlie". Charlie is a 30 pound F1 Goldendoodle (one of his parents was a poodle, and the other was a golden retriever). That means the puppies in this litter will be F1b mini-Goldendoodles. We expect the puppies will grow to about 25-35 pounds when full grown. That's big enough to run and play, and still small enough to sit on your lap.

Anyway, Penny is doing great - except she complains about being called "fat" - and we should have puppies in the next few days. Stay Tuned!

Charlie:

"Hi! I'm Charlie!"

Mid haircut. He ran through a few pricker bushes

"Yes, I'm cute! It's my burden to bear!"

He loves a good lap to sit in


Penny: (Don't tell her I posted these pictures... she's very self-conscious)

Her "normal" look

Relaxing on the cool floor, and no, I didn't call her a beached whale!

Sometimes she has bladder issues when she's pregnant, so she wears a diaper.